Poha!!! hmm... this brings back the memories of my good ol' school days. I still remember, forgetting my tiffin box deliberatly so that i could have a chance to eat poha from our school canteen. It was my fav, topped with sev and murmurra. The softness of poha, crunchiness of sev and murmurra, tanginess of lime and sweetness of sugar, all these diverse flavors come together and you have a snack that's simply irresistable.
To this dish i have added grated carrot and lemon zest. The zest adds extra zing while the strands of carrot make it little more colorful!
2 cups poha
1 medium onion
2 green chilies
2 tbsp grated carrot
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/3 tsp chili powd
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp mustard
1 tsp lemon zest
few curry leaves
salt to taste
Handful of cilantro
Thin Sev & Murmura (Puffed rice)
(you could also use bhelpuri sev which is combo of both)
- In a colander Wash poha silghtly with water 2-3 times.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, when it splutters add green chili, curry leaves and onions and saute till the onions are translucent
- Add turmeric,chili powder,sugar and salt to poha, mixing gently and seperating it with fingers so that they dont stick
- Add poha, grated carrot , lemon zest, lemon juice, lower the heat and cook with the lid on for 6-8 min. In between stir, so that it does not stick to bottom of the pan.
- Serve garnishing it with some sev and murmura and cilantro leaves….Tadaaa!!!! there you have it friends.