This is the first time I ever got tagged, I am excited as well as nervous...I was tagged by Sandeepa of Bong Mom's CookBook with a MeMe of "5 Things most people don't know about me". Thank You Sandeepa. Well 5 things most of you don't know about me are :
I had never cooked until I got married. I couldn't even prepare a cuppa tea (It was not that I was not interested in cooking). All our relatives and friends use to complain my mom about not teaching her children to cook....and mom use to smile and say, the kids will learn whenever the time comes. She was so true and here i am with my food blog!
I am scared of horror movies.....Its been a long long time since I have watched a horror movie. I think the first and the last time I ever watched a horror movie was when I was in 3rd grade and that too an English one, couldn't sleep for couple of months and kept everyone else awake too :).
I am usually in control however when it comes to my daughter, I don't know what happens to me, I just trip...that's how I called 911 couple of times without any reasons and had to apologize both times.
Sri is not my name. Actually it's my daughter's nickname.
I am sure everyone of you know how to make a veg pulav...However I thought that I will contribute my version too!! :). So here's the recipe for the pulav....
2 cups Basmati rice
2 tbsp Oil/ghee (you could do 50-50)
Whole garam masala (1 bay leaf, 1 inch cinnamon, 3 cloves, 1tsp fennel seed)
1 small Onion (or half of medium size Onion)
1/2 cup Green beans (you can add more if you wish)
1/2 cup Carrot
1/2 cup Green peas
1 tsp black pepper or Red chili flakes
1 inch Ginger
4 Garlic cloves (mine were big ones)
6-7 Green chili
1 tsp Lemon juice
4 cups Water
- Soak the basmati rice for half an hour or so
- Wash and french cut the green beans or you could also use frozen french cut beans, chop the carrots and chop the onion
- Make a paste out of ginger, garlic, grenn chili,lemon juice and salt
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan, add the whole garam masala
- After few seconds add the chopped onion, french cut green beans, green peas, carrot, red chili flakes and salt
- Sauté for till the onion are golden color then add the ginger-galic paste, add the garam masala powder and saute for a minute or two
- Drain the rice and add it to the pan, mix it gently
- Add 4 cups of water and bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover and cook till the rice is done...and there you have it friends veg pulav!!!
You can substitute water with vegetable stock or even chicken stock for that extra flavor.
Instead of adding the whole garam masala you could go ahead and add garam masala powder....if using powder add it while adding the ginger galic paste.