Happy Sankranti to all my friends. On the eve of sankrati , neighbors exchange sweets and as per popular saying "Teel gull gya anhi godh godh bola" which in simple translation means "exchange sweets and sweetness in your words "
I wanted to spread the same fervour over by making this simple and easy Rasmalai.. hope you all enjoy it.. and remember be sweet in your words as well!
20 -22 no. Haldiram's canned rasgulla (I used 2 cans)
4 cups Whole Milk (you could also use 2 % fat milk)
14 0z. Condensed milk
A good pinch Cardamom powder
- Heat up the milk until you see bubbles forming on the rim
- Reduce the heat to medium and keep on stirring till milk is reduced to half
- Add the condensed milk and keep on stirring occasionally for 15 minutes, the color will turn pale.
- At this time milk should coat the back of your spooon and when it does switch of the heat, mix in cardamon and let it cool.
- Take the canned rasgulla's, discard the liquid and squeeze out the liquid from each rasgulla by pressing them between your palms.
- Add these rasgulla's to the milk and store it in refrigerator...its tastes better with time!!!
- While serving garnish them with chopped or powdered nuts and 2-3 saffron strands and there you have it friends....Rasmalai, quick and easy!!!!!!!
You could store this rasmalai's in a air tight container for a week.