This is one of my favorite pachadi's, Tomato pachadi. I love the way it looks, those red tomatoes popping out of the rosy curd. Sometimes when i have to cook for one I just make this pachadi and have it with rice for a quick and easy meal. One can also make this just as an additional dish for the dinner table. This is my granny's recipe. I remember granny making this pachadi for me whenever i was not in a mood to eat what was cooked that day and i would have it with rice and fish fry by its side...yummy!!!
3 Tomatoes (medium size)1 cup Yogurt
1 tsp Mustard seeds
3-4 Small onions (pearl onions)
1 Dry red chili
few Curry leaves
1/2 tsp Chili powder
Pinch of hing (Optional)
- Wash and quater the tomatoes and slice the small onions
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and add mustard seeds
- When it starts to splutter add the onions, dried red chili and curry leaves
- Add a pinch of hing (if using) and then add the quartered tomatoes, red chili powder and stir
- When the tomato become soft and you see oil separating, switch off the stove
- Add the yogurt and salt to it and mix
- If the gravy is too thick you can add little water .....and there you have it friends, Tomato pachadi!!!